Great Britain is a beautiful nation of rolling hills and green patchwork fields. From the streams and rivers to vibrant cities, there’s always something to see. No wonder it’s become known as a ‘green and pleasant land’ – our drivers see its beauty every day.
With so many choices for a weekend break in Blighty, it pays to take it easy on the way there and back. Face it; driving is tiring, parking can be stressful and it’s not always possible to reach destinations by train. (That’s if you can get a second mortgage for the tickets.)
The best way to see Britain
There is only one way to see Britain in a relaxed way – by coach. Step aboard a luxury coach and you’re whisked away to see the most stunning destinations and resorts Britain has to offer. No worrying about battling roadworks or having to pay a fortune for parking, or arriving by train many miles from the place you actually want to see. Coach travel takes you to the door of every place you dream of visiting.
Travel by coach, and you can store your luggage in a spacious compartment, with more than enough room for the kids’ gadgets and essentials. As you travel, you can kick back and chat with friends who are accompanying you or other travellers, and you’ll arrive refreshed and ready to enjoy the adventure.
There’s something for everyone when you take a scheduled day trip by coach. Need some inspiration?
- Bath: visit this historic city, with the famous baths and spa. Wander through the streets and enjoy lunch amongst the shops and markets.
- Stratford Upon Avon: the birthplace of Shakespeare and a beautiful location, this is a perennial favourite with lovers of literature as well as those who enjoy immersing themselves in culture and history. Visit the home the Bard was born in, enjoy the architecture of the town centre and even take up the opportunity to book a river cruise.
- Windsor: explore the world-famous castle and then enjoy a relaxing boat trip, or a wander through the many alleys and stores. View famous landmarks like Eton from the luxury of the boat, then sample a cream tea to rival the best in the country.
- Eastbourne: visit one of the oldest seaside locations in Britain and spend your time relaxing on the promenade. Watch the sea from Victoria Pier and marvel at the glorious floral displays at Carpet Gardens.
- Hastings: the beauty of the Sussex coast awaits you on a day trip to Hastings. This destination is full of ancient history associated with 1066, plus glorious beaches and colourful shopping areas give Hastings its unique appeal.
- London: The capital has to be the ultimate day out and with a coach trip you can enjoy one with an exciting itinerary already planned for you. Take a leisurely trip along the river to see historic Camden as well as other famous London landmarks.
Book a seat on a luxury coach today
With all the choice of places to visit, the first thing to do is to book tickets early, because excursions are always popular. People of all ages are discovering how much fun it is to go by coach.
Mayday Travel has a fantastic range of locations to choose from, and you can explore Britain by contacting us and asking for our scheduled excursions list. The only decision you’ll need to make is where to go first.