1. The Road Traffic Act 1960 and other statutory provisions relate to the hiring of the vehicle, its use and the conveyance and
behavior of the passengers. The Hirer undertakes to comply with all laws and regulations relating to contract operations.
2. All regulations relating to drivers’ hours and rest periods must be complied with.
3. Children are carried in accordance with the provisions of the relevant regulations.
4. The driver is responsible for the safety of his vehicle and passengers and must be allowed to decide what conduct and behavior
is permissible. Standing on the seats is not permitted and the Hirer will defray the cost of making good any damage done to t he
vehicle by passengers.
5. The vehicle must be used only by the Hirer and may not be sub-let without the Company’s prior written consent.
6. The company accepts no responsibility for the non-observance of any alterations to the hiring arrangements unless agreed to
and confirmed in writing by the Company beforehand.
7. The shortest and most direct route in both directions will be taken unless otherwise specified and the Hirer will be liable for
any extra time or mileage covered to meet party’s requirements, in addition to those quoted for.
8. The Company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time and, apart from cover conferred by the
compulsory statutory insurance against third party risks as required by S. 151 Road Traffic Act 1960 and S.148 Road Traffic Act
1972, it does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from any accident, breakdown or delay
attributable to reasons beyond the control of the Company.
9. There is room for reasonable amounts of baggage and equipment which will be carried at the discretion of the driver. All items
are carried at the owner’s risk and the Company will not be responsible for loss or damage.
10. No vehicle may carry passengers in excess of the authorised capacity.
11. The Company reserves the right to substitute other operators’ vehicles for its own to carry out journey if necessary.
12. No unauthorised bill, placard or poster may be displayed on any vehicle.
13. In the event of a National Emergency, or for any reason beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right
to cancel any booking and refund any monies paid without any further obligation.
14. Where the Company acts for the passengers as an agent i.e. in the purchase of tickets, meals, accommodation etc. the
organiser and/or passengers, shall be responsible for any loss sustained by the Company in the booking of these services and
must observe any conditions imposed on the Company by the suppliers.
15. Payment. A non-refundable deposit of £200.00 per vehicle, or £700.00 per vehicle for overseas travel, should be paid at the
time of booking or within 3 days of verbal confirmation of booking to secure any coach booking, and the balance paid 2 (two)
weeks prior to departure.
16. Cancellation. If a booking is cancelled all deposits are non-refundable & the full amount of the booking will be charged to the
Hirer, including any additional services (meals, accommodation, ferry charges, Euro tunnel charges, etc.).
17. Larger Vehicle. The Company reserves the right to supply a larger vehicle than ordered. There will be no additional charge
unless the extra seating is utilised.
18. Public Nuisance. A driver may refuse admission to his coach to any person he considers a nuisance.
19. Alcohol. No alcoholic drinks may be carried inside the Company’s coaches.
20. Split journeys and ‘In Between’ Work. When necessary, a different coach may return a party from a destination to the one
that took passengers out. Furthermore, coaches may be used to perform other work during the waiting time at a destination unl ess
the Hirer has expressed his wish in advance for a coach to stay with his party, in which case there may be an additional charge.
21. Parking fees are additional to the price if no “Free” coach parking is available.
22. Strictly No Smoking on any of the Company’s coaches.
23. All school parties & parties carrying children must put all baggage & any other belongings in the luggage lockers of the
24. School staff & Adults traveling with parties of children will be asked by the Driver to inspect the coach for cleanliness and
any damage of the vehicle before & after the journey. Any damage made to the vehicle throughout a journey will be charged to
the Hirer. All school staff & Adults must sit evenly spaced throughout the coach to supervise the behavior & conduct of the
25. All seatbelts provided on the company’s coaches, must be worn at all times.
26. You are advised to purchase independent travel insurance to cover you for your journey and any activities you are
27. Your requested pick up and return locations should be free from any legal parking restrictions. Any penalties /costs / fines
will be passed back to the person / company that make’s the booking.
28. If the vehicle hired is returned in an unsatisfactory condition and has to be taken off the road to be cleaned or rectified, the
charge for this will be passed back to the hirer. The daily charge to have a vehicle off the road is £650.00 + £30.00 per hou r for
rectifying + cleaning materials
29. Any property that is left on our vehicle’s will be taken to the Mayday Travel Ltd Head Office. Customers are required to
make arrangements with Mayday Travel Ltd to collect any left items.
Mayday Travel Ltd will keep any items left for a maximum of 20 (Twenty) working days. Any items that are left longer than 20
(Twenty) working days will be disposed of.
30. If you are a school or make regular bookings, Mayday Travel Ltd may use an email as confirmation of a booking instead of a
deposit. And we may accept full payment after the date NO LATER THAN 5 (FIVE) WORKING DAYS FROM THE DATE
OF TRAVEL as long as we have a Purchase Order Number given to us at the time of booking.
31. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the collection and drop off points are suitable for coaches, safe, free from p arking
/ stopping restrictions. If this is not the case on the day, the driver will have to divert to a more suitable collection / drop off point.
32. We will always try and complete a journey using as few vehicles as possible, but we reserve the right to use multiple vehicles
to accommodate your group size.