1. The Road Traffic Act 1960 and other statutory provisions relate to the hiring of the vehicle, its use and the conveyance and behavior of the passengers. The Hirer undertakes to comply with all laws and regulations relating to contract operations.
2. All regulations relating to drivers hours and rest periods must be complied with.
3. Children are carried in accordance with the provisions of the relevant regulations.
4. The driver is responsible for the safety of his vehicle and passengers, and must be allowed to decide what conduct and behavior is permissible. Standing on the seats is not permitted and the Hirer will defray the cost of making good any damage done to the vehicle by passengers.
5. The vehicle must be used only by the Hirer and may not be sub-let without the Company’s prior written consent.
6. The company accepts no responsibility for the non-observance of any alterations to the hiring arrangements unless agreed to and confirmed in writing by the Company beforehand.
7. The shortest and most direct route in both directions will be taken unless otherwise specified and the Hirer will be liable for any extra time or mileage covered to meet party’s requirements, in addition to those quoted for.
8. The Company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time and, apart from cover conferred by the compulsory statutory insurance against third party risks as required by S. 151 Road Traffic Act 1960 and S.148 Road Traffic Act 1972, it does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, inconvenience, injury or death arising from any accident, breakdown or delay attributable to reasons beyond the control of the Company.
9. There is room for reasonable amounts of baggage and equipment which will be carried at the discretion of the driver. All items are carried at the owners risk and the Company will not be responsible for loss or damage.
10. No vehicle may carry passengers in excess of the authorised capacity.
11. The Company reserves the right to substitute other operators’ vehicles for its own to carry out journey if necessary.
12. No unauthorised bill, placard or poster may be displayed on any vehicle.
13. In the event of a National Emergency, or for any reason beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to cancel any booking and refund any monies paid without any further obligation.
14. Where the Company acts for the passengers as an agent i.e. in the purchase of tickets, meals, accommodation etc. the organiser and/or passengers, shall be responsible for any loss sustained by the Company in the booking of these services and must observe any conditions imposed on the Company by the suppliers.
15. Payment. A non refundable deposit of £100.00 per vehicle, or £500.00 per vehicle for overseas travel, should be paid within 3 days of verbal confirmation of booking to secure any coach booking, and the balance paid 2 weeks prior to departure.
16. Cancellation. If a booking is cancelled all deposits are non refundable & the full amount of the booking will be charged to the Hirer, including any additional services (meals, accommodation, ferry charges, Euro tunnel charges, etc.).
17. Larger Vehicle. The Company reserves the right to supply a larger vehicle than ordered. There wil
be no additional charge unless the extra seating is utilised.
18. Public Nuisance. A driver may refuse admission to his coach to any person he considers a nuisance.
19. Alcohol. No alcoholic drinks may be carried inside the Company’s coaches.
20. Split journeys and ‘In Between’ Work. When necessary, a different coach may return a party from a destination to the one that took passengers out. Furthermore, coaches may be used to perform other work during the waiting time at a destination unless the Hirer has expressed his wish in advance for a coach to stay with his party, in which case there may be an additional charge.
21. Parking fees are additional to the price if no “Free” coach parking is available.
22. Strictly No Smoking on any of the Company’s coaches.
23. All school parties & parties carrying children must put all baggage & any other belongings in the
luggage lockers of the coach provided.
24. School staff & Adults traveling with parties of children will be asked by the Driver to inspect the
coach for cleanliness and any damage of the vehicle before & after the journey. Any damage made to
the vehicle throughout a journey will be charged to the Hirer. All school staff & Adults must sit evenly
spaced throughout the coach to supervise the behavior & conduct of the children traveling.
25. All seatbelts provided on the companies coaches, must be worn at all times.
26. You are advised to purchase independent travel insurance to cover you for your journey and any activities you are participating in.
27. Your requested pick up and return locations should be free from any legal parking restrictions. Any penalties /costs / fines will be passed back to the person / company that make’s the booking.
28. If the vehicle hired is returned in an unsatisfactory condition, and has to be taken off the road to be cleaned or rectified, the charge for this will be passed back to the hirer. The daily charge to have a vehicle off the road is £650.00 + £30.00 per hour for rectifying + cleaning materials.