In the pursuit of its mission to provide world class travel, Mayday Travel utilises technologies which are friendly to the environment. The use of ecommerce and such communications are often a substitute for paper based messages, Mayday Travel LTD is contributing positively to environmental wellbeing and conserving natural resources.
Commitment to Pollution Prevention
We recognise however that our day - to day operations will inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible.
As part of our continuing drive for quality, in all things we do, we have therefore developed a comprehensive policy statement which will enable us to set targets by which our efforts towards sustainable environmental improvement can be measured and monitored on a regular basis.
Communication to Staff
We have undertaken to help every Mayday Travel person to understand and to implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day works through regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
At Board level, the Deputy Chairman has specific responsibilities for policy development, coordination and evaluation of performance. Mayday Travel is committed to minimising the impact of its operation on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement.
Setting Specific Policies
Commitment to Legislative Compliance
In particular Mayday Travel will:
1) Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation - where no regulations exist Mayday Travel shall set its own exacting standards.
2) Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials, while reducing consumption of materials wherever possible.
3) Minimise waste in all operations and product development
4) Work with Mayday Travel suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy.
5) Include environmental issues in Mayday Travel training programme's and encourage the implementation by all Mayday Travel people of sound environmental practises.
6) Use, where appropriate, email and telephone for communication.